Sean and I headed up North on Monday (the hottest day of the year so far) to set up this year’s exhibition of Queen’s Awards winners in the window of the BIS Sheffield office (2 St Paul’s Place). This is a great opportunity to showcase our winners and we couldn’t have had a more diverse range of products to display – from the most tempting miniature bed to the sweetest smelling range of beauty products.
All our exhibitors are 2013 winners from the Sheffield and North West regions:-
- I Love Cosmetics Limited - wholesale body/ beauty care products
- Spinko Ltd t/a Harrison Spinks - design & manufacture luxury pocket spring beds
- Panache Lingerie Limited - design & manufacture lingerie & swimwear
- Totalpost - manufacture mailroom equipment & consumables
- Ideal Boilers Ltd - design gas-fired, domestic heating boilers
- The Wakefield Shirt Company Limited - clothing design wholesale & retail
It was lovely to meet them in person and have a bit of a chat about what they’ve been up to since the big win. Seeing Totalpost pull up in a van with the Queen’s Award emblem on display was a reminder of just how proud our winners are of their achievement - Totalpost even announce their Queen’s Award on their switchboard message!
There was an immediate interest in the exhibition, from the minute the first stand went up, with passers-by and BIS/DfE staff checking out the products. Several asked me if we were setting up a pop-up shop!
The exhibition runs until 31 July – why not take a look if you’re nearby.
Can I just say a big thank you to all our exhibitors, to Jonathan Evitt from Tecna (another previous Queen’s Awards winner) who produced the main display board for us again this year, to TBCH for the graphics and to Paul Andrew in the Sheffield site for helping with the logistics.
We should really also thank Erica Mallon, one of our senior managers, who was simply passing by but couldn't resist getting on her hands and knees to fine-tune the display...