We’re almost 2 months into the entry period for the 2014 Queen’s Awards already! Based on calls and emails the team have received so far, I’ve pulled together some hints and tips that I hope will help you to work through your entry form.
Best of luck!
- Before you start, read the guidance notes. They have lots of relevant advice that will save you time and effort – pdfs are available to download and print
- Whichever Award you are entering, take a moment to understand ‘the rules’ around criteria and eligibility. For example, the financial year for trading figures covering the final year of an entry must fall between 1 October 2012 and 30 September 2013 and the dates you supply must be in consecutive order and cover a full 12 month period
- Innovation and Sustainable Development entries need a minimum of 2 full years of commercial figures that must be related to the product/service that is the subject of the entry - the Award is not intended for ‘promising potential but with little or no evidence on revenue return’
- Don’t be shy, remember this is a competition! The form should contain all the key points you want assessors to know so always make the most of the word count to showcase the company’s or individual’s achievements
- For Sustainable Development entries in particular, back up statements about, for example, saving energy, recycling etc. with figures and hard facts
- Press ‘SAVE’ at regular intervals!
- Start early! Don’t wait until the last minute. The gate shuts at midnight on 30 September
- Entry is by on-line only - you will receive electronic acknowledgement containing your unique reference number once you submit your form.
- Use us! We are here to help and advise. Call the Queen’s Awards helpline with any queries: 020 7215 6880 or email email@example.com