What a year it’s been. As a pioneering digital science publisher and content marketing specialist, life at SelectScience has always been fast paced but the past 12 months or so have been an absolute whirlwind.
Like others across the science industry and beyond, we had to adapt quickly to the arrival of COVID-19. Just days after our team attended the 2020 Pittcon science conference in Chicago, we were all working remotely in national lockdowns across the world, thinking of new ways to support the science industry through these turbulent times.
It’s been inspiring to witness the dedication, resilience and innovation on display as the industry has pulled together to tackle COVID-19, putting itself front and centre of public consciousness and proving to the world once again why scientific advancement is fundamentally important to humanity.
Passion & commitment
To have our efforts recognized with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, for outstanding performance in international trade, is an incredible honour and one we shall all cherish with great pride.
It’s been an incredibly exciting journey to where we are now, working with pioneering scientists and technology innovators at the very forefront of their fields. But since it was founded in 1998, SelectScience has always been more than a business, it’s a mission: To make the world a better place. How?
- We deliver trusted information to scientists worldwide: SelectScience provides cutting-edge science technology news and peer-to-peer insight to a growing global audience of over five million influential scientists and clinicians, through lab product reviews, videos, articles, eBooks, virtual events and more.
- We connect manufacturers with scientists: Through our vast online reach and unique reviews programme, SelectScience enables scientific manufacturers to showcase important new technologies and gain valuable user feedback to help them deliver lab products that make an impact.
- We enable critical science communication: When the pandemic struck, we ramped up our webinar service and launched a series of Virtual Summits on key topics ranging from cancer research, immunology and clinical science to COVID-19, biopharma and neuroscience to replace physical events that had to be cancelled.
- We promote scientists and their work: Through The Scientists’ Channel, we offer leading scientists a means of sharing their research on a fully moderated, trusted video platform.
- We open doors across the world: Being 100% digital, we give scientists everywhere a voice and easy access to the global scientific community, without the need for travel and the added costs that this incurs, both financial and environmental.
- We invest in today’s scientists to impact tomorrow’s world: We work with local universities to recruit science graduates and interns, developing them into scientific communication specialists.
- We reward innovation and share success: Through the Scientists’ Choice Awards and Seals of Quality programs, we give scientists a voice to recognize the manufacturers, large or small, who really listen to their needs and provide the best tools to advance their work.
This is the second time we have won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and it means so much to the team to see their passion to make a difference and commitment to delivering high-quality communications and exquisite service recognized in this way.
But equally we know this success stretches beyond our company — without our many scientist members and partner manufacturers across the globe, we wouldn’t be the thriving digital community we are today.
Dedicated to those building a healthier future
COVID-19 has shown that only by working together can we solve the world’s biggest problems, so in some respects, this award feels like recognition for the science industry as a whole, for how it has united to deliver fast, effective solutions that will protect health, save lives and make a better world.
The world has changed and here at SelectScience we will continue to evolve with it. In doing so, we look forward to helping even more scientists across the world accelerate their work as we strive towards a common goal – a healthier future for all. Scientists interested in joining our global community can sign up as a member for free anytime.
SelectScience is growing — if this sounds like a mission you’d like to be part of, you can check out our current vacancies. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for next year's Queen's Awards round here: https://www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise