The time has come for UK businesses to apply for a Queen's Award for Enterprise, 2021. After an amazing 220 Awards were announced on the 21st April this year, we would now like to invite businesses to apply for the next round of this prestigious Award.
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are free to enter and you can apply for more than one award, if you wish.
You’ll need to:
- create an account and register your details
- answer questions about your eligibility - this should take less than 15 minutes
- submit your application by midday on 9 September 2020
About the awards
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity (through social mobility)
Please note, the Promoting Opportunity ( through social mobility Award ) will be launched at a later date. Register your business now to be notified of when this category will open.
What happens if your company wins
If you win you’ll be:
- invited to a Royal reception
- presented with the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- able to fly The Queen’s Awards flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
The awards are valid for 5 years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
If you submitted an application in 2019
|21 April 2020||Winners officially announced in the London Gazette.|
|Summer 2020||Representatives from the winning organisations invited to attend a Royal reception.|
If you submit an application in 2020
|1 May 2020||New application period opens for 2021 awards.|
|9 September 2020 (midday)||Application period closes.|
|October 2020||Shortlisted organisations notified.|
|November 2020||Shortlisted organisations asked to provide verified commercial figures.|
|March 2021||Winning organisations notified.|
|April 2021||Unsuccessful organisations receive feedback on their applications.|
|21 April 2021||Winners officially announced in the London Gazette.|
|Summer 2021||Representatives from the winning organisations invited to attend a Royal reception.|
Why wait? Begin your Queen's Awards application now, by registering your business here.