The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious awards for UK businesses and since their inception in 1965, over 7,000 companies have won a Queen’s Award. They are designed to recognise and encourage the outstanding achievements of UK businesses in the fields of:
- International Trade
- Promoting Opportunity (through social mobility)
- Sustainable Development
We are always thinking of new ways to make people aware of the Awards so hopefully this blog will give you some inspiration on how to endorse and promote them and encourage people to apply!
If you are a previous winner of a Queen’s Award, sharing your experience of this can be invaluable. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like your story to be featured on our blog and social media channels.
Previous winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial sales, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale and potential applicants are inspired by this. They tell us that they would like to hear about the impact of receiving an award, so, please signpost potential applicants to inspirational accounts from our Award winners in the following places:
- This blog, for posts from winning businesses
- Our Twitter page @TheQueensAwards, to see quotes and videos from this year’s winners
- Our dedicated group on Linkedin for winners and entrants, past, present and future. You can use this forum to share success stories, pass on hints for a successful application, and meet other businesses and professionals who have applied, won or been involved with the Queen’s Awards. Share these group details with businesses interested in applying so they can engage with previous winners!
We have also produced a marketing toolkit which outlines the ways your organisation can raise awareness of the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise and you can do this by:
- Including articles in your newsletters/magazines/Twitter feed or Linkedin page
- Including information on your websites
- Hosting talks or webinars about the Queen’s Awards
- Inviting the Queen’s Awards team to talk at your events
- Encouraging your members/clients/partners to apply
The toolkit includes links to images and scripts that can be used in your promotional material.
Deputy Head, Queen’s Awards for Enterprise Office