Is your business doing really well in terms of exports? Do you employ a minimum of 2 UK staff?
Then why not throw your hat in the ring and enter the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: International Trade Award?
You can't be showing any ‘dips’ or ‘slumps’ over 3 ‘outstanding’ years or 6 ‘continuous’ years, but that’s about it! Include a brief history, direction or vision, and a description of all the services you export.
The main thing is to differentiate your company from all the rest of the firms and businesses. If you have a good story to tell … don’t be shy, get out and tell it!
Once you get going you just can’t stop!
This year’s winners include UK businesses leading the way in medical devices and cloud computing, to pet health and sports broadcasting.
- Winners of the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are visited by a Royal representative and are presented with a crystal bowl as a mark of their achievement.
- They are also invited to attend a reception at Buckingham Palace in July 2016.
- Businesses are also able to use the Queen’s Awards emblem in advertising, marketing and on packaging for 5 years.
- Firms that won a Queen’s Award for international trade showed they have benefited from substantial international growth in overseas earnings and commercial success within their sector.
- Entries to the 2017 Awards close on Friday 2 September 2016. To apply and for more information, go to gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise/overview.