In this post we’re updating you on our team and what’s next for the Queen’s Awards.
Who are we?
- Nichola Bruno is our Secretary; and has replaced Linda Stephens. Nicky will be writing more about her role next month
- Andy Harrison has joined us to create a brand new Award
- Michael Patton deals with our finances and budgets
- Kerry is about to leave after 24 years, that’s a lot of information to download!
- Samantha Jones (Daresbury) has been managing our Awards in relationship with Nicky
- Russ Chudasama is our apprentice and we’re lucky to have him!
Events coming up
Right now, following shortlist stage and individual categories, we have just reached the Prime Minister’s Advisory Committee meeting. Nicky, Sammy and Ross have sorted out papers for our March meetings.
Once this is signed off it goes to the Prime Minister and Cabinet Secretary. They send it to Buckingham Palace who will forward the Queen’s approval during the following week.
When these come back it all gets a little bit frantic in the office! We send a brief write up to our winners asking them to factually correct any errors if they spot any in the press book. Once this has been completed we send our press book to our printers and then we proof read their return.
On 21 April we announce the winners of this years’ competition and open the competition for 2017.
Receptions and presentations
14 July is our Buckingham Palace reception; the Queen will meet 2 winners per company and for our Enterprise Promotion stars, the winner plus nominator.
Local Lord-Lieutenants will be getting in touch with winners to arrange local presentations, usually in the place of work.
We will also be asking our judges to contribute ‘guest blogs’ to explain exactly what they are looking for in each of the 4 categories; look out for these, there is a lot of useful information here!