The judging process for each of the awards is about to get going. The panels will be discussing the shortlisted entrants and every category will undergo this procedure until February.
The full list is sent to the Prime Minister’s Advisory Committee who review it and then forward it to the Queen for her approval.
Some of the advantages to winning are:
- you can display the emblem for 5 years to give you an edge over your competition
- opportunities for press coverage in recognition of your achievement
- your workforce will feel proud of working for a winning company
- your business will gain a prestige and be recognised globally
Between now and the opening date of this year’s competition we will update you with ideas and pointers from our judges and previous winning companies. We hope our blogs entice you to put together an entry form for your own business or a nomination for an individual for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion.
- Competition opens on 21 April
- Competition closes on 30 September
'The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise is only for large companies' = Not true
Many smaller companies have won the award. You only need 2 full-time employees (or equivalent) based in the United Kingdom.
'The Queen’s Awards scheme is only for long established companies’ = Not true
A minimum of 2 years trading figures is all that is required for the ‘Innovation’ or ‘Sustainable Development’ categories and 3 years for the ‘International Trade’ category.
We would like to know what you think of our blog posts. What would you like to see more of or see less of?
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.